Day 1: Fun in Osaka & Rider Orientation Meeting

I enjoyed a leisurely morning and took the train into Osaka since our group activities started later in the afternoon.  More on my observations touring around Osaka later...

This afternoon we recieved our Ride & Seek kits (red, blue or orange).  Of the 13 riders, I will be one of the red riders 😁

We walked over to the Brasserie resturant for a wonderful dinner.  We have 13 riders from Australia, Europe and the United States.  9 men and 4 women with three quarters from Australia.

First helping at the Brasserie resturant.  We will be have breakfast there as well.

The day started with a beautiful sunrise as I looked out my hotel room.

I decided to take an early train into Osaka and explore for a bit and enjoy a Japanese style breakfast. 

The train station is modern, clean and safe.  I felt welcome wherever I walked around Osaka.

One thing I noticed walking around Osaka was the number of city bikes and mopeds.

The other thing that stood out was that not a single bike was locked, which was refreshing to see in an urban enviornment.

The weather forecast appears to be in the mid 70s and low 80s as we kick off the Samurai Epic Sunday morning.

Comments

Cathy Lovett said…
Red...On Wisconsin maybe? The food looks good! It is pretty incredible that no one has to lock their bikes. Back when I was a kid in Detroit, we didn't have to lock our bikes until I reached the age of about 9 or 10 (1966 or 1967). Then my bike was stolen from out front of the "corner" store. I was heart broken. Life was never the same. I have a hard enough time reading train station signs in our country - you are amazing figuring out where to go!
Adrian said…
Sorry to hear that story about your bike. Language is a challenge in Japan, but residents are supportive. Our tour group has two translators and provided us Garmins and a vocabulary cheat sheet that comes in handy.
Mary Henry said…
Exciting Adrian! Beautiful pictures and enjoy the breathtaking views.