Day 2: Osaka to Kanazawa

We departed Osaka (population 2 million) via a bus this morning to Kanazawa.  This area is known for historic gardens, Samurai houses & Samurai castles that were built in the 16th and 17th century.

I ended the day with a first by riding on a pro velodrome track ...... what a blast!!

This photo was taken from a Japanese garden looking towards Kanazawa Samurai Castle Park.

Welcome to the Kanazawa Japanese gardens.

After breakfast at 6:30am, our bikes and gear were loaded on these two SAG vehicles.

Scenic view along the route. 

View inside the Ride & Seek bus north of Kyote.  Modern and spacious transportation!

After our warmup ride, I took my Specialized Roubaix out on a pro velodrome track sloped between 12 degrees (min) and 42 degrees (max).   I was maxed out for about five laps before calling it a day 👍

Comments

Cathy Lovett said…
I would probably fall over on that velodrome! Gorgeous scenery - it must be hard to pick out just a few pictures!
Henry said…
Post a pic of your group!!
Sue tantalo said…
I thought the 10 mile down hill on the Mountains to Coast ride was scaredy. You are really living Large.

Today my mechanic gave me a lesson on braking next time I encounter long descents with out disk brakes.